The woman's body is wonderfully complex and delicate. However, multiple roles as the mother, daughter, wife, homemaker, wage earner can be physically and mentally quite taxing.
Symptoms of Pregnancy
For a woman having a regular monthly cycle, the earliest and most reliable sign of pregnancy is a missed period, or sometimes women who are pregnant have a very light period, losing only a little blood. Other signs are:
- Feeling sick, not necessarily in the morning, but at any time.
- The breasts may become larger and tender. Veins may become prominent and nipples may darken and stand out.
- Increased frequency in passing urine.
- Tendency for constipation.
- An increased vaginal discharge without any associated complaint.
- A metallic taste in the mouth.
- Dislike for certain things like tea or coffee or fatty foods.
- Increased liking for certain things like spicy foods.
Breast feeding practice is followed everywhere in India, except among higher socio - economic groups, who tend to look for alternatives to breast-feeding. Ignorance of the advantages of breast-feeding and the proper method often leads to discontinuation in most cases. Learn More...
Difficulty in Conceiving (Infertility)
Infertility is defined as the failure to become pregnant after one year of unprotected intercourse. There are two types of infertility; Primary infertility, which is infertility without any previous pregnancy; and secondary infertility, when there has been a previous pregnancy. Learn More...
Contraception is any process used to prevent pregnancy. Contraceptives may be used only at the time of intercourse (e.g., condoms, diaphragms, spermicides) or regularly (e.g., birth control pills, intrauterine devices [IUCDs]). Surgical methods are available for men (vasectomy) and women (tubal ligation) and can sometimes be reversed (e.g., tubal reversal). Learn More...